Acupuncture uses very small needles inserted into specific areas of the body, to stimulate, regulate and direct the body’s own energy flow to harmonise and heal. A course of treatments is usually required for full recovery.
Styles of Acupuncture
We offer various styles of acupuncture;
- Auricular acupuncture uses points within the ear lobe to treat the whole body. Research shows it is particularly beneficial in the treatment of depression/stress/anxiety, addicition therapy and weight control.
- Battlefield or ‘The Nada Protocol’ is a style of auricular treatment developed quite literally on the battlefield to help reduce certain types of pain and can give swift results
- The Balance technique allows for needles to be inserted away from the problem area, whilst balancing the body as a whole.
- Traditional Chinese Medicinal Acupuncture, uses systems developed over thousands of years of practice and can be used to treat most modern health complaints.
- The World Health Organisation has published a list of diseases and conditions it believes can be treated effectively by Acupuncture based on current research.
Headache and migraine
Facial palsy (early stage, within three to six months)
Paresis following stroke
Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
Muscle pain, swelling, stiffness and weakness
Localized traumatic injuries, sprains, strains, tendonitis, contractures
Work and sports related injuries
Low back pain
“Frozen shoulder”, “tennis elbow”
Respiratory System Disorders
Disorders of the Eye, Ear, Nose & Mouth
Myopia (in children)
Cataract (without complications)
Toothaches, post extraction pain
Acute and chronic pharyngitis
Spasms of esophagus and cardia
Irritable bowel and colitis
Acute and chronic gastritis
Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief)
Acute duodenal ulcer (without complication)
Acute and chronic colitis
Acute bacillary dysentery
Infertility (Not WHO recognized. Clinical experience proves effective.)
Benign irregular menstruation
Withdrawal from street and pharmacological drugs